Choose the Right Paint Color for Your Room
You’re home is your central space is where you go when you’re tired after a hard day’s work. Each room has its own purpose, eating sleeping, relaxing clean. If you have decided its time to repaint one of these rooms, or home, you want to make sure you get the right color and type of paint.
Many do-it-yourself decorators spend hours, even days, worrying over color choices. Will you be blue? And if it’s blue, what shade of blue? How many shades of blue? A matte finish, enamel flat or satin? The choices are enough to drive someone mad.
Choice of interior paint colors
Choose the color of paint that suits your home does not depend only on the colors you want. There are several things to watch before going shopping:
- Room size – before worrying about the color, look at the size of the room. A small room could benefit from a lighter color, making it feel larger. The dark colors make rooms seem immense comfort.
- The architectural details – all molding, trim, brackets or columns should be taken into account. Do you like them? Do you hate them? Some colors are “hiding” these details, others highlight. For example, a dark-colored paint will make casting seem to glow white, while a soft blue sky takes some attention away from the molding.
- Function room – should function significantly the weight of the color or colors you choose. People react to colors so they May not even realize. The warm tones work well in living rooms, making them more enjoyable for guests. The shades of red in a kitchen or dining room may increase appetite. Pale yellow, blues or grays are excellent for areas of work and home offices.
- Furniture – If you work in a room that has already, watch the colors and tones associated with the furniture for your paint palette. Is there a favorite piece of furniture or art you? Choose an accent color in your furniture as the color of interior paint can make the same coin.
- Favorite colors – No matter what your reception room is or the color of your furniture, you’re the one who has to live there. Make sure the color suits your style. If you’re not sure what your “style” is, take a look in your closet. The colors you wear are usually the ones you prefer.
Choosing Interior Paint Type
With six types of paint finishes, it can be difficult to know which one to use, but knowing what each will be useful.
- Matte Finish – Matte finish is also called “flat finish” or simply “mural”. This is one of the most commonly used on interior walls. It reflects light, so it can be used to hide small cracks, dents or other imperfections.
- The flat enamel – enamel plates have a matte finish too, but they rise more occasional cleaning. Bathrooms are a good place for this type of interior paint.
- Satin finish – Typically used on widows, doors, ceiling and trims, satin finishes also work well for high traffic rooms. This type of interior paint gives a little luster to painted areas, and a look of velvet. Satin finish paints can handle the cleaning and washing light.
- Eggshell – Eggshell finishes add a very slight shine to the walls – like an eggshell. Traffic areas in the medium are excellent candidates for finished eggshell.
- Semi-Gloss – Easy to clean, semi-gloss interior paints work well on doors, cabinets and MIC. However, semi-gloss surfaces to detect scratches or unprepared surfaces, so be careful with the work of pre-paint preparation.
- Paintings bright – bright with a highly reflective quality, like enamel or plastic. A dramatic accent on cabinets, woodwork and furniture, they are generally not a good choice for the walls themselves. As semi-gloss, they really bring the imperfections, so be careful.
By paying attention to the function of a room, your likes and dislikes, and type of traffic the room Gets, you’ll have a much better chance of choosing an interior paint that you love. Good luck and good painting!
Looking for a los angeles painting contractor who offers you more than just a professional painter, but an honest experienced friend in the painting business. At All Los Angeles Painting Company.com, we work closely with interior designers and general contractors, ensuring the best possible results for you. Our experienced painters guarantee clean, prompt service. Visit online today.